Monday 29 August 2011

Frustration Galore...


What a day.  Had my first proper trial pack.
Medical kit I want to take
And guess what... Not enough room!!! And way to heavy, my poor bike.
Final medical kit
A good indicator of things to come
 I knew it was going to happen, but I didn't think I would be so short off space.  Spent most off the day going through everything, and removing anything that isn't on my high priority list.  Tried a second trail pack this evening.  Still not there, but a lot closer.  Hopefully after a couple more trial packing runs I will get everything to fit.
Where is it going to fit?


Yesterdays job was to organise my tools and spares, and then find a hiding place for them on the bike.  Felt like I was building a puzzle, with way too many pieces. Fun but frustrating. To top it all off I also managed to drop the nearly fully loaded bike. Weight wasn't balanced and I lost it as I took the bike off the stand.  Smack.  Snapped off one of my mirrors.  Ouch!!!  Back to mechanic tomorrow to have it fixed.


Tools and spares


4 hrs later

I think I am just about ready to go. Just have to wait for the GPS.  Fingers crossed for some good news tomorrow.
Nearly everything that has to go
Clothes and food missing

No comments:

Post a Comment