Tuesday 30 August 2011

The GPS saga...

I don't care what people say about African bureaucracy.  Nothing can be worse than what I just went through.
It took 3 weeks of nearly daily phone calls to my insurance company and explaining my predicament a 110 times before I finally got an answer for my broken GPS. Not once did I get a call back for queries (was promised every time), not once did anyone give shit that I actually need a GPS to go across Africa, not once did anyone have a clue about what's going on.  They even blatantly lied to me a few times (WTF?).  The only way I got anything to move forward was by personally phoning every person responsible for every step of the way.  Half the time they refused to speak to me. All the managers refused to speak to me or take complaints. I cannot believe there is a company in the UK that actually operates like this.  I have literary been on the phone from 9am this morning. I even forced one of the operators stay on the phone with me while I was waiting for an email they supposedly sent.   It took 45min and 5 tries before the email came through.  The poor guy was desperate to get off the phone... HAHAHA.  Anyway the last person I spoke to actually made a positive contribution (the only one) and my replacement GPS is on the way.  Supposedly in the mail and will be delivered to my front door tomorrow.  WHOOOP...WHOOOP!!!!

My leaving date is either Thursday or Friday morning.  So close.  I cannot wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment